Friday, September 22, 2017

Gratitude - Ten Thousand Villages Home Buyer gifts



Here is a special success story.  My clients who bought a new construction house, invited me to their home about 2 months after settlement.   I have been invited to housewarmings, birthdays, dinners and lunches before...but have yet to see a home so completely transformed in 2 months!

These buyers took a blank slate and made it their own.  The house had been mostly painted, amazing built-in book case commissioned, light fixtures installed, new kitchen backsplash, window treatments, landscaping...what a flurry of activity.  The home looks fabulous, with the special treasures they have collected over the years, from all over the world.   From an empty home in builder white, to a fully furnished interior decor with updates was quite a transformation.  Amidst all this I find these 2 special pieces from Ten Thousand Villages - which blend in seamlessly with their eclectic decor.

The pictures above are of a hand-wrought metal Firescreen and matching mirror - yes, each part is crafted and welded by hand.  They were bought at Ten Thousand Villages.  Click here to learn more about Noah's Ark, the artisan group in Moradabad India, that made these lovely pieces.  To find my housewarming gifts fit in so perfectly in my clients' new home, and them loving these gifts and being so appreciative of them - priceless!

For those of you who know me - Ten Thousand Villages has a special place in my heart.  I buy all my home buyer housewarming gifts from this store.  In fact I pretty much buy all my gifts from here. My own home has many items of decor as well.  Shopping at a Ten Thousand Villages store gives many times -
- my clients get beautiful handmade home decor items
- I get to support this 501c3 organization doing such good work
- The artisans get fair wages, good working conditions and are able to make a sustainable living
- Often supporting the art means preserving it.  If it does not find a market, the art form would perish.

A true success story - don't you think?  I love what I do, and it shows in so many little ways.
Read more of my success stories here -

For all your real estate needs - reach out to ...




Website - Search Homes
Read my Reviews on Zillow  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin

2 comments:

  1. Bela,
    Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures and for your support of Ten Thousand Villages! Purchases from customers like you are what keep this great organization running and help us to continue to meet our mission of providing opportunities to artisans in developing countries, like Noah's Ark in India. Your purchase does make a difference!
    Thank you again,
    Stacy Hoover
    Area Manager
    Ten Thousand Villages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Stacy. I try and promote TTV everywhere...really appreciate all the good work you guys do. Keep it going....

      Delete